The current strategies of the Gynecologic Cancer Research Foundation that we are using to meet our goals:
· Fund research in the use of platelet rich plasma for the treatment of vulvar lichen sclerosus.
· Fund research in the use of fractional CO2 lasers for the treatment of vulvar lichen sclerosus.
· Fund research to determine the optimal cervical pre-cancer and cancer screening method in HIV positive and HIV negative Cambodian women.
· Fund research to determine the specific inflammatory pathways involved in vulvar lichen sclerosus by examining gene expression and genetic polymorphisms in families affected by lichen sclerosus.
· Develop partnerships with governmental agencies (Ministries of Health in developing countries), NGOs and other private foundations, and industry leaders to implement our research and to develop gynecologic cancer screening programs.